Sunday, October 7, 2007

OUR WEEK

Happy Anniversary to us!  We can't believe that it has been FOUR years.  We had an amazing dinner on the waterfront and we would like to give a special thanks to our babysitters, Curtis and Jo Taylor and Julia Blakeney. 
Here is the ring I custom made for my dear wife.  Ok, so I didn't make it or pick it out for her but I did surprise her at 1 AM  in the morning by placing it on her finger and if you know Melese you know that that is a bad time to be doing anything but she was so excited and happy she didn't even realize it was so early in the morning.  We found the ring back home in Logan and I stuffed it away nice and protected so she wouldn't find it because she had no clue that I bought it for her.  Just the thought of her being excited and happy made the long day at school bearable.  She is the best Wife in the whole entire universe!
I learned on my mission to Italy that when in Rome do as the Romans.  I guess this works here as well, when in Canada play Hockey!  Jace gets so excited to play hockey with Daddy in the house.  I dare say that he is obsessed with hockey!  He loves to dress up in Daddy's gear and prance around the house smacking every wall in the way.  I just hope he keeps his excitement for hockey so he can play peewee league. 
              On ice or on asphalt you can be sure to see Jace playing hockey
Look at his perfect form when going after the ball.   I can see the Stanley Cup now sitting on our entertainment center.  GOOOOOOOOOO JACEY!!!!!!!!!!!! OLE! OLE! ( oh yea, that is soccer) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Beckey said...

Jake, you are such a sweet husband to do that for Melese! Happy Anniversary!

Beckey said...

By the way, I laughed when you said "When in Rome..." I always say that to my girls so now Madison always says "When in Canada, do as the Canadians do!"

Karlee said...

Wow! I'm going to have to get Donny to come up and check that out! That ring is so pretty and I can't wait to check it out in person. I bet Melese was so surprised. How thoughtful! You two are so good together. And, Jace will make a great hockey player! Maybe we can get a little team together back in Utah with all of these little Canadian kiddies!

Hanne and Fam said...

Hey Happy Anniversary to you guys. We did think about you. Also Happy Birthday to Melese tomorrow! We missed talking to you guys this week. Hope everything is well and hope to talk to you guys next week!
Love ya all!

carlyl said...

Happy 4th year guys. That is so awesome, and Jake how awesome are you, suprising your wife and all with a ring. Why don't you give Mike a call:0) Jace is so flippin cute, you guys have to be so proud.

Hayley said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are having such a great time there! You both look great, but Jake, I wish you would have given Trav some pointers before you left. The ring is very nice!

The Hoths said...

What a great husband you are Jake, Melese is so lucky. Way to go gettting Jace started so young, but remember your little friends when he's famous some day!

Julia said...

haha Jake you are such a turkey. jace is going to be a hockey fanatic. and i wont lie, it'll get expensive. and the next think you know he'll be 19 going off to hockey camp for the summer...
oh wait, he could be on a mission then...i guess he has a tough decision to make...lol.
the ring is so nice. you are great at keeping secrets. josh...not so much. tho if he suprises me with a nice gift for our anniversary i'll be stoked!

Maegan said...

Hey Jake and Melese! Canada Eh? It is so fun to find you guys. Happy 4th. Your little boy is adorable.

Trisha said...

So fun to be able to see what you guys are up to these days!

Jan said...

HELLO! Great to read and see a little on what you are doing. Jason would love hearing you are in Halifax. That's where he served his mission. I'm excited to read more!!!

JO said...

I have to say NICE WORK JAKE! What a pretty ring! We had a blast babysitting. Anytime you need us we would be more than happy to watch Jace. I am glad to see you made it out to Lunenberg. Isn't it great? I love all the pictures :)

Jaci said...

So glad I got to meet you guys! Take care of Curtis and my sis -k-? You guys are part of their new family you know ;).
Hope to see you guys again sometime!
Love, Jo's little sis
Jaci