Tuesday, November 6, 2007

HURRICANE NOEL

SOME HOW THE HURRICANE MANAGED TO KEEP THESE PUMPKIN SCARECROWS UP BUT BLOW DOWN TREES BY THE MASSES!
AS SOME OF YOU ALREADY KNOW WE HAD A HURRICANE HERE IN NOVA SCOTIA.  IT WAS A LITTLE SCARY BUT WE ALL LIVED AND THERE WAS VERY LITTLE DAMAGE AROUND OUR COMMUNITY.  WE DID SEE A TREE THAT CRASHED DOWN ON A CAR, A DRIVEWAY COVERED WITH WASHED UP ROCKS, AND A CAR STUCK IN THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT HAD BEEN HIT WITH A FEW WAVES.
THIS IS AROUND 11:00 AND THE WAVES WERE STARTING TO DIE DOWN.  THEY SAY THEY REACHED UP TO 40+ FEET HIGH.
THIS IS THE DRIVEWAY THAT GOT COVERED WITH ROCKS.  THE WINDS WERE AMAZING AND THE RAIN CAME DOWN HARD.  THE POWER WAS OUT PRETTY MUCH EVERYWHERE EXCEPT OUR HOUSE (WE WERE LUCKY).  THEY EVEN CANCELLED CHURCH BECAUSE OF THE POWER OUTAGE.  SINCE CHURCH WAS OUT WE DECIDED TO GO FOR A DRIVE WITH OUR FRIENDS JOSH AND JULIA BLAKENEY.  IT WAS GOOD TO HAVE IT OVER WITH!

8 comments:

Julia said...

i am so glad that we were able to hang out that day. if you guys didnt hang out with us, josh and i would have had to amuse ourselves and that would have been boring haha.
can i ask you to send those pictures to me?

Jan said...

Scary! I am so glad you guys are safe. Mother nature can be frightening. This reminded me of tornados we had in KS/MO and the sirens going off warning to get to safety.

Courtney McKay said...

When I saw it on the news, I thought about you guys! That is good you guys are safe!! What a scary thing!! I will email you those patterns this week too!!

Hanne and Fam said...

Glad you guys are ok and that you were able keep your power, lucky! We missed talking to you guys on Sunday!

Josh Blakeney said...

ha ha ha, jake you are too funny. calling it a hurricane, it was a tropical storm, very common for NS . i could have only hoped it was a hurricane then we could have slept over you place for a week the damage would have been so bad .

uncle josh

Jami said...

How scary to be in that weather. It always freaks me out in Indiana when it pops up on the T.V. about tornado warnings. I'm glad nothing happened to you guys.

Katie Davis said...

A little unexpected, right? I can tell you, I would have been freaking out. How's life? How's Jace? Can you believe he's 2? Did you know we're having another? What the heck am I thinking!!!???!!

pon02003 said...

Anziano Sorensen

I'm glad you left a comment on our blog, it's nice to see what came of everyone since the mission. You need to post some of your art work on your blog so I can prove to my wife that you have wicked good art skills. Again it was good to hear from you keep up the communication.

Dylan Pond